Thursday, June 12, 2008

Iowa or bust








This is me crying, cause Barb has all my money in her pocket! Well I guess it's OK, cause I got some really great stuff! Thanks Barb! And THANK YOU Sharon of Sweet Repose, should I tell you her nick name? (Ma.....Nut) If it weren't for Sharon I would never have known about Barb at Sisters Garden and Bloom. It is one of the best shops I have ever been in. What a pleasure to shop in a store that has something you actually want to look at and BUY! Barb is a very talented, she has a good eye for what to buy and how to put it all together! Sharon's, daughters shop is great also, but like a dumb ass I did not take pictures. I was so excited when I was at Sisters I didn't know what to look at next! I loved all of Barbs ideas and will steal
some of them for myself!!! Such talent, makes me want to weep cause I can't go there every week to check it out. Although....I would be in the poor house it I lived near there!
Barb has the same affection I have for crusty, rusty, crackled, stained castoffs. If you ever get a chance to go to her store you will never be the same again. And let me tell you about Ma....Nut, she makes the most wonderful soap I have ever used, and her soy candles are to die for! The one I am burning today is called BUTT NAKED! My son wanted to know how she figured out what the smell of butt naked was like? I told him if he met her he would understand! I can't wait until I can go back to Iowa! It is officially my favorite shopping place now. The country side is amazing, I was shocked that looking at farm land for as far as the eye could see would be entertaining to me. I am so glad we were able to go there on a Junkin Safari!
Theresa





10 comments:

Lauri Evans said...

I am sooooooo jealous! Yes I got your gloating phone msg. I was busy buying at a...yard sale.
I hope to c u and cute Craig soon.
Don't you think Sharon-where-are-you-now-nutjob-Wilson needs to come to Texas?
xo lulu

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Oh Theresa, this was a great post, but girl don't you know you never leave home without the camera. Craig could have taken the pics for you!! I want to see more of her shop, maybe Sharon will post more pics on her blog. I so want to go after hearing about the great time ya'll had!! We'll make it a road trip soon!!!!

Lauri Evans said...

You are so lucky....Lulu and I have been lusting after this place for months now....i mapquested the miles and its further than Texas but, we are going sometime.....hey email me your address and I'll send you a necklace....Lauri

Junkers On The Loose said...

Hi Theresa! It was so great to meet you and your man! I just knew your reaction to Sisters would be a pleasant shock! Anyone who thinks as we do and loves the chippy falls in love with Sisters! I was speechless the first time I walked through the doors! So glad you had a good trip!
Smiles, Lorie
P.S. I STILL want your truck! hahaha

A Wild Thing said...

I had such a great time with the 'Yayhoos' from down South, can't wait to meet the rest of y'all...as you know all roads to Sisters have been closed or are gone do to the flooding, but Barb thinks we can get a barge full of furniture up the river...can't y'all see me out on the deck with a big 'ol pole pushin' up the river with a delivery...but I have more eye candy for ya, I went to Manley's Antiques today for some drool shots...I will be posting at the crack o dawn...so have the coffee boilin'...later y'all (I'm likin' that word)...
the Nut

kathy said...

Hi , don't know what link sent me here -- Love your displays --Wow sounds like a great trip -- And as for the Lakewood rumor ?? or you talking about -in GA at the old raceway -- fairgrounds - woo hoo hope that is correct - I live in Ga - and spent lotsa dough there-- great stuff nad prices -- Kathy - GA

kathy said...

Hi , don't know what link sent me here -- Love your displays --Wow sounds like a great trip -- And as for the Lakewood rumor ?? or you talking about -in GA at the old raceway -- fairgrounds - woo hoo hope that is correct - I live in Ga - and spent lotsa dough there-- great stuff nad prices -- Kathy - GA

time worn interiors said...

Yes, Kathy I am talking about the old Lakewood!
Theresa

Lauri Evans said...

GIRLFRIEND (&CUTEY CRAIG)
WHEN ARE WE GONNA SEE SOME STUFF FROM YOUR IOWA TRIP???
DON'T MAKE US WAIT UNTIL TEXAS
XOOXOX lulu

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Okay, so hmmmm...what DID the candle smell like? I mean was it after a bath????