Wednesday, December 17, 2008

European Inspired

After my visit to the European Antique Market, I told you I wanted to sell everything I had and start all over again. Then I realize I had the right elements to create the same feel I just needed to shake things up a bit. Of course the chairs set the mood for the room. My dinning room and living room are all one room.

I have always described my taste as primitive elegance. But I think I feel the need for more elegance in my life at this time. So I have spent the last several day re-decorating my house. I plan to do a lot more after Christmas, but my son is coming home next week and I don't want the house all torn up. Hope you enjoy the pictures, let my know if you think I captured the European feel with my junk!
These items are not for sale!

This mantel is in the living room.




This is a teeny weeny aquarium with the light that I bought in Texas.
I know it's not really European, but I love it and had to make it work.




Sorry there is so much ceiling in the picture,
I was trying to keep the camera off the window.


This bust looks like it cost a fortune!
It's plastic from Big Lots! Hah!







I have added some large gold lions over the chairs
against the window, with some short columns
on each side of the chairs.
Forgot to get a picture of that.
Theresa


17 comments:

ajunkqueen said...

Love it love it love it! You do a great job as usual.

Zita - Mlle Magpie said...

Oh, Theresa, it looks absolutely fabulous! VERY shabby chateau. I love it!

crowbiddy said...

Be still my heart! What an inspiring way to start my day. You have the most wonderful 'junque' and the magic to display it. Please keep the pictures coming.
Bev in Canada (I met you at Marburger in Sept.)

A Wild Thing said...

I think it's time for another Country Living shoot...you did good girl! Makes we want to have a glass of wine and listen to the fire crackling in the fireplace...if I only had a fireplace...and a glass of wine...better not pop the cork yet, Lord knows what this lil' Bichon's grooming would look like...not very French I'm sure!!!...ha!

Mindy said...

You weren't kidding when you told me you were redecorating your entire house! Wow! Isn't it fun creating new looks and then being surrounded by your creations? Wonderful job, Theresa! (by the way, 3 emails sent. Hope you got one!) ~Mindy

Mindy said...

Love it! (emails sent--hope you got at least 1!) ~Mindy

Cheryl said...

Loving it all...So serene, yet so inviting! I just adore all your architectural pediments! If only we lived closer to each other we could swap junque from each other! Love your style! Keep the pictures coming...great inspiration!

Maison Douce said...

Wow, I love everything!! I especially love the idea with the vignette inside the suitcase! Very inspiring!
Isabel

Debra Hall said...

Wow! Absolutely Fabulous Theresa!! LOve the mixture of whites, dark and texture~very sofistacated and inviting .... keep the pics coming.
~Debra

Country French Antiques said...

Magnifique Theresa!
Love all your architectural and WOW, those Louis XVI chairs...perfect!
Thanks for the plug!!!
I should use your room for an AD!

trash talk said...

TOT, everything looks so you, so very Time Worn! Tn'T

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

I love all the re-decorating you have done!

Lauri Evans said...

OMG...you nailed iT!!!! I kept thinking I was looking at the book
"The New French Decor". You should be patting your ownself on the back on this one.
ox lulu
p.s. miss u...wish you were setting up this weekend!

Patina said...

I love it! Yes you captured the look! I just love those old books too.

Iris said...

Loved the feel of the room,the scale was perfect!The Big Lots head was great.It's that whole Mad Ludwig look which I love. Are we all tired of Modern yet? Ikea is a great store and all but I think "European Inspired" is so much more romantic.Great design.The suitcase was Fab. Happy Junken Trails.

kath@retromantic antiques said...

I love it all! It looks very European. Lucky you for having all those goodies. kath

Cabin 19 Supply Company said...

Love the shelf over the window (who am I kidding...I love it all!!!) And the bust from Big Lots? You are MY kind of shopper!!