Thursday, May 29, 2008

Brimfield Pics

We had a great show in Brimfield. I wasn't sure if people would be out buying since gas is so expensive! Lets face it we don't have anything anybody really needs to get through their everyday life. Unless of course they are all JUNKies like me! I think I would lose my mind if I couldn't shop for junk at least once a month. I do shop more than once a month, and sometimes more than once a week! Junk shopping feeds my soul, and the real REWARD comes when you get to take all that junk and put it in a pile and create a wonderful display! Its amazing how you can buy junk from 20 different places and it all winds up looking great together. We also rescue a lot of rotted, broken, ugly, unwanted furniture and chandeliers and give them new life. Thanks to Craig almost anything is possible! Hope you enjoy some of my displays, I had a great time creating them. We only have one whole day to set up, so I feel really rushed to unload a 16ft box truck, and 12 large totes and make it look good enough for people to want to buy!


This is one of Craigs benches he welds up, this one is going to Japan! Craig said we need to get some small plates made up to go on his creations that say (Made in USA).Everything in this pic sold except the hospital tray!

Zinc top table, some more of Craigs handy work, one of the first things we sold. We sold 6 of 7 chandeliers.


Brimfield loves white crusty furniture, and by the way so do I!! (In case you didn't know!)











A few gold things, at this point I had sold so much I didn't have anything left to display on! I have to have tons of books for display, and no I don't sell them.


This cute wall cupboard and one board top table sold. I love those baby shoes, they have holes in the bottom where they've been worn so much!


Last but not least a wonderful pie safe that lost its legs to rot, got a new lift with a bottom made from old boards thanks to Craig. If it weren't for Craig I don't think I would have anything to sell.








6 comments:

A Wild Thing said...

WOW...what a great show, I remember selling like that back in the day. Times are tough here in Iowa, but we are always hopeful things will get back to some semblance of normal. GREAT STUFF, that is one thing about my 'X' that I miss, great carpenter, better keep that man, good carpenters are hard to find, especially ones that love to antique.
sharon

sweetpea said...

Fabulous girl! You too Craigy!! Wish I could have been there!

Hugs,
Shelley

pedalpower said...

Wow, what a great booth! I love baby shoes too. when I see them so worn out, I wonder how many kids in the family wore them....I'm sure they were saved and passed from kid to kid. Waste not, want not!

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Wow Theresa, I was really loving all your displays!! Fabulous darlin as usual!!! p.s. Craig did a great job as well :)

THE VERANDA said...

What a beautiful display! Thanks for posting the pictures. Glad to hear that it was a successful show for you! Let's hope they all turn out that way!!!

Lauri Evans said...

Thank you for putting those great pics up for us to drool over. So so pleased you did well up there. Do you still have the hospital table? I'm into the medical gig.
lemme know
xo lulu